Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pilates Adventures

So I have been working hard the last few months training to be a pilates instructor. I have personally been doing pilates for over a year and LOVE it. It involves some normal looking exercises and some crazy ones on moving machines and springs. It isn't abnormal to be exercising upside-down! Totally up my alley. Besides being fun, working in pilates has fixed yucky pain in my hips and knees and I am definitely converted.

So with that excellent base of experience, teaching pilates just seemed like a logical step. And I figure, I've taught five year olds to prance across the floor on command, I think I can handle teaching 35 year olds (though, sadly they will not be prancing).

Many people have heard of pilates, but don't really know what it is or why it is good. If you have any questions or want a new exercise adventure, let me know. I'll talk you into it :)

Here is a picture for those visual learners. (This is not me)



Doesn't that look like fun?!!

2 comments:

Janice said...

nobody pull her finger!
I couldn't resist sorry

Laurel said...

I would love to come take a class from you! I have been doing Pilates off and on for about 6 years. It is the best!

BTW I just figured out that you have a blog. Took me a while to get here, but now I will check in on you lots. :) Especially since in 1 month we will be living only 90 minutes from you. :)