Sunday, August 24, 2008

Montana Really Is Beautiful!

Whoa.

We got to go up to Montana this last week to meet my new niece, Braelyn, and see the rest of the fam. There will be more on our excursion later (don't worry, there will be video involved). But I must say, my impression of Montana this time around was much better than when we went in January.

I'd always heard that Montana is extremely beautiful. One of every three Arizonans I talk to love Montana and visit once a year. For a while I wondered what state they were talking about because when I was in Montana in January, it looked... bland.

I am happy to report however that Montana is actually one of the more scenic places I have been. Amazing what warm weather will do for a landscape.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Never been. Never wanted to now...until now

Dal said...

um... ya, you still dont want to. Its only beautiful if you are outside of the cities. Unless you go to Kalispell or Missula. Everywhere that is close is kind of armpitish. Unless of course you are hiking in the middle of nowhere and are lost from civilization... then its pretty nice.

Laurel said...

hey there. We need to hook up with you guys sometime! Looks like you had fun in Montana. Dave's weekends are all crazy for several weeks, but we want to get together with you guys some time. Would you be interested in driving up here ever? Get out of the heat!

Sarah M Eden said...

So warm weather improves Montana the way cool weather improves Arizona.
Hmm... there's a life lesson in there somewhere.

Janice said...

I'm glad you have fun, I think we went to Butte montana a few years ago, I think it was one of the armpitish places :-)

Joe and Ash said...

Hahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one with conflicting ideas about Montana :)