Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Phone Survey

A couple of days ago I volunteered for the Yes for Marriage campagn. I thought it would be a good opportunity to get some grass roots experience. I was assigned to call lists of random voters and ask if they were voting yes or no on legally making marriage defined as between a man and a woman. As you can guess, there were many different responses. My favorite one was a man who tried to hang up on me but couldn't find the cradle (on an old school, plug in the wall phone) so I heard a good 15 seconds of plastic clicking plastic before I was disconnected. It's the little things in life.

None of the responses were too bad, but that was expected since we had the Republican voters lists. I just feel bad for the volunteers who place calls in October when they call all parties. Ummm. I feel like I got my fill of cold call experience. I'll have to leave that for someone else.

To show appreciation, we were given these bumper stickers.
I think I'll put it above our Obama '08 sticker.

No comments: